- Acts under the direction of the Head Coach and Athletic Director.
- Assumes functions and duties of the head coach in their absence.
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for effective performance in the activity, as individuals & team members.
- Plans and directs a regular program of practice in season.
- Maintains competency in rules, regulations, and coaching techniques for the sport/activity.
- Maintains discipline and sportsmanlike conduct of all participants and enforces the policies of the District uniformly when disciplining participants.
- Knowledgeable in the techniques and strategies for the sport/activity.
- Background/experience in coaching high school wrestling, or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to read & interpret documents such as safety rules, operating & maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of employment and student matters.
- Ability to perform duties with an awareness of all district requirements and board policies.
- Ability to effectively manage time and responsibilities.
RE-1 Valley School District is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.