Reporting to the Head Wrestling Coach, the Assistant Wrestling Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach to ensure the program’s success as directly related to the skill development and performance of the student-athletes, as well as the recruitment, retention, and conduct of the student-athletes. All staff members are responsible for the policy, procedures, and guidelines of Hofstra University and the job requirements specific to the particular assignments inherent to wrestling.
- Assists with the student-athlete development as it relates to proper technique, fundaments, advanced skill instruction and competition.
- Assists with the evaluation of prospective student-athletes.
- Evaluates the performance, conduct, and abilities of group or individuals and groups as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Assists, develops, and participates in program planning, game preparation, practices, and game day activities.
- Assists in managing social media interactions/posts of the wrestling program ensuring they are meeting all department standards as well as NCAA rules and regulations.
- Promotes and cultivates alumni programs and outreach in conjunction with Institutional Advancement.
- Annually reviews rule changes from the NCAA, CAA, and EIWA as they pertain to the wrestling program.
- Coordinates and submits NCAA recruiting, countable athletic related activity, and campus visit logs in a timely fashion in accordance with department, University and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Adheres to and enforces all policies and procedure of Hofstra University, Hofstra Athletic Department, CAA, EIWA, and NCAA.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of relevant coaching experience.