- Holds a Valid WV Teaching Certification in Education and/or WVSSAC coaching certification.
- Holds a Valid First Aid and CPR card.
- Complete CPR and AED training.
- Supervise athletes during competition, practices, meetings and travel, which involves the assigned program.
- Instruct athletes in the rules and strategies of the activity.
- Plan and implement activities designed to prepare the athletes for interscholastic competition.
- Issue, inventory and maintain equipment.
- Promote student awareness of and participation in the program. Activities may include poster displays, meetings; signup sheets and informal
contact with students.
- Assist principal and/or athletic director in program development.
- Interact with athletes to promote a positive school and team image.
- Learn and adhere to the rules and regulations of the West Virginia Secondary School Activities Commission, Barbour County Board of Education.