This position works under the direction of the Head Coach in providing direction to student-athletes so that they might achieve a high level of skill as well as an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship, and teamwork. To value and promote the worth of each participant while effectively leading players and staff to achieve their individual and collective potential.
- Twenty-one years old.
- Must pass a background check.
- Current Red Cross First Aid/CPR Card.
- Must take WIAA online courses and complete WSD head coach checklists.
- Must be current with WIAA coaching clock hours.
- Be able to pass a screening test to provide transportation for student-athletes.
- Regular and punctual attendance to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position to achieve program requirements.
- Previous coaching experience preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become familiar with and promote the core values of the school’s Athletic Program.
- Serve as a positive role model for students.
- Responsible assisting the head coach in planning, organizing, and delivering an appropriate range of sports activities and programmes for the team.
- Assist the head coach at all practices.
- Assist head coach in organizing and coaching all games.
- Assist with sports promotion and development.
- Work to be an effective team member.
- Assist with game day preparation.
- Ensure that student-athletes adhere to training rules, lettering policies, grade requirements, and rules of behavior.
- Ensure the continual supervision of student-athletes on the field, in conditioning, and in locker and shower rooms.