The position will be responsible for assisting with phases of a Division I Wrestling program, within University, ACC and NCAA rules and regulations. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to coaching student-athletes, instructing and teaching the fundamentals to prepare student-athletes participating in the sport, assisting in scouting and preparation, assisting in practice planning and design, maintaining necessary compliance documents, home meet management and other duties as assigned by the head coach. This is a non-recruiting, part-time position.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Prior Coaching experience required, preferably at the Division I level.
- A commitment to knowing and complying with NCAA, ACC, and institutional rules.
- Must have or be able to obtain CPR certification within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of intercollegiate sports operations & recruiting.
- Ability to train and motivate student-athletes.
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic and diverse university setting.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.