- Responsible for planning, organizing and implementing the teaching of fundamentals, strategies, rules and proper conditioning in the sport of wrestling.
- Responsible for supervision of all students involved in the program and ensuring the safety of participants on and off the mat.
- Models good character in a way that is clearly viewed by all participants and coaches.
- Responsible for ensuring equal educational opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
- Ensures that all coaches and athletes adhere to all rules of MIAA.
- Monitor academic climate of all players and closely monitor eligibility of all players throughout the season.
- Maintain clear and transparent communication with the Athletic Director.
- Maintains records regarding team performances.
- Comprehensive knowledge of wrestling and its rules.
- Ability to motivate and lead others.
- Excellent communication skills.
- CPR and First Aid experience preferred.
- Certification in Implicit Bias and Concussion Training with NFHSlearn.com will be required when hired and follow these procedures for all athletes during the season.