The Assistant HS Wrestling Coach provides leadership and direction to the assigned sports team as coordinated with the team’s head coach. The assistant coach shall enforce all rules of the WIAA as they relate to
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements and enforces all decision and directives of the head coach.
- Assists the head coach with planning and conducting all practice sessions.
- Maintains a current and accurate squad roster at all times, being sure that it is on file with the head coach.
- Supports the head coach in conducting the athletic program of the assigned sport and the total athletic program of the Chief Leschi School system; contributes to and supports team strategies.
- Demonstrates loyalty to the head coach and the team.
- Attends team staff meetings as directed by the head coach, Athletic Director or building principal.
- Assume any duties assigned by the head coach pertaining to the respective sport. This includes, but is not limited to conducting portions of practice drills, handling equipment, determining eligibility, working with student managers, scouting, maintaining positive public relations, and keeping statistics.
- In the absence of the head coach, assumes all responsibilities designated as those of the head coach.
- Reports any injuries to the head coach and/or Athletic Director.
- At least 19 years old.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Hold a valid and current First Aid Certification card or be enrolled in a Red Cross First Aid Card training course.