- All coaches of inter-school and League activities shall be licensed teachers regularly employed by the School Board, or otherwise have special permission from the Superintendent's office and the Virginia High School League (VHSL) in order to coach or sponsor an activity.
- Must have demonstrated ability to develop and manage athletic activities sanctioned by VHSL.
- Bilingual skills to include Spanish are a plus.
- Responsible for the coaching activities sanctioned by the Virginia High School League, as considered appropriate.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling a regular program of practice in season.
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport.
- Assists in the selection, assignment and evaluation of assistant coaches.
- Works in collaboration and cooperation with the student activities director and other personnel in recommending the purchase of uniforms, equipment and supplies.
- Oversees or helps oversee maintenance, safety and cleanliness of uniforms, equipment, supplies and the facility or area to be used.
- Adheres to all VHSL policies and procedures as well as regulations imposed by the RPS division.
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times.
- Responsible for the issuing and collecting of all school properties used.