Assists the Head Coach with all aspects of operation of the program. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the throwing and jumping events.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: This position reports directly to the Head Cross Country/Track and Field Coach, who reports to the Athletic Director.
WORK SCHEDULE: This is a full-time position. Ability to work nights and weekends and travel with the team for practices and competitions is essential. Office hours may vary depending on practice schedule and time of year
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administrative tasks (~50%): assist with day-to-day operations of the team including monitoring team study hall/academic progress for individual athletes, travel arrangements for practices and competitions, meal planning, data entry, management of equipment and uniforms and similar tasks assigned by the head coach/athletic director
- Coaching (~25%): will be responsible for the development of the jumping and throwing event groups but experience in the long sprints/middle distance events would also be of benefit
- Recruiting (~15%): assist with all aspects of recruiting and maintaining a competitive roster at both the conference and national levels
- Other (~10%): assist the athletic department in game day management roles as assigned, attend all department meetings, participate in all community service and fund-raising activities as a member of the athletic department and other similar tasks assigned by the head coach/athletic director
- A passion for coaching and developing student-athletes in a positive manner
- Ability to assess, identify and recruit top student-athletes
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records and reports
- Ability to embrace the goals and mission of Dillard University, the athletic department and the head coach
- Ability to be flexible and implement creative problem solving
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work well with supervisor, coworkers, university community, and the public
- Ability to work evening and weekends in preparation for and during athletic events
- Demonstrated success of developing student-athletes
- Enforce and uphold all guidelines, policies and procedures of Dillard University, the GCAC and the NAIA
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- 1-2 years coaching experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- USATF Level I/II or USTFCCCA Specialist Certification is preferable
- First aid/CPR/AED certified