The Associate/Assistant AD for Compliance routinely analyzes situations, provides interpretation, identifies recommendations, initiates action, and provides guidance on all matters pertaining to their duties. They frequently coordinate meetings, disseminate information, and provide instruction to various internal and external constituencies. The Associate/Assistant AD for Compliance monitors processes and systems to ensure compliance with rules and regulations; uses initiative and experience to resolve issues pertaining to the comprehensive compliance program; and works closely with individuals and groups in an effort to build relationships and promote the compliance program.
- As the Compliance Office responsibilities are assigned by sport, the incumbent will provide compliance support for the football, baseball, track programs and may assist with the men’s basketball program.
- NCAA Governance - Monitor, analyze and educate relevant stakeholders about pending NCAA proposals.
- Rules Education - Provide education to internal and external stakeholders.
- Violations, Waivers & Reinstatements - Investigate allegations. Prepare violation reports, waivers, and reinstatements.
- Elite Athletes - Monitor and work with issues associated with elite athletes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- NCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of procedures to monitor and enforce rules and regulations.
- Ability and desire to perform accurate, detail-oriented work.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Maintain confidentiality and a professional demeanor.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and sound judgments.