The Associate Athletic Director for Brand Strategy and Marketing Innovation reports to the Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Operations and is responsible for the strategic plan and execution of the Beaver Creative Unit (fan experience/marketing/creative). Responsible for strategies in the areas of brand management, marketing, fan experience and merchandise/licensing.
- Establishes, maintains, and manages the creative tone and pace of OSU Athletics, including making determinations about what content is produced by the team.
- Responsible for the quality of creative work produced by the unit, while maintaining standards of creative excellence.
- Identifies new trends and makes implementation recommendations.
- Establishes best practices for the unit to ensure the latest technology and trends are discovered and utilized, putting OSU in a leading-edge position among top Universities in the county.
- Assists in creation of external communication pieces, specifically those related to advertising, promotion of events, in-house video board features and storytelling via social platforms.
- This position manages the equipment needed for the Beaver Creative team (software, hardware, cameras, production equipment).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Sports Management or related field.
- 5 years of experience at an NCAA Division 1 FBS Institution or equivalent professional-level experience.
- 3 years of supervisory experience.
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
- This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a criminal history check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSU Standard 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in youth programs may have additional criminal history checks every 24 months.