The Associate Athletics Director is primarily responsible for leading programs and coordinating services for student-athletes that lead to retention, graduation, and transfer. This position reports to the Director of Athletics.
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in education, business, sports management, or other related field from a regionally accredited institution, or a comparable combination of a bachelor’s degree in related field and relevant experience.
- Four (4) years of experience working with secondary or post-secondary students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Challenging Athletes’ Mindset for Personal Success (CHAMPS) Program to include coordinating speakers, topics, and resources as a tool to empower student-athletes towards academic success.
- Lead implementation of the bi-weekly Student-Athlete Progress Report program in coordination with head coaches.
- Coordinate effective working relationships with college administrators in offices that include Academic Advising, Counseling, Learning Lab, Orientation and Registrar.
- Lead implementation of programs for student-athletes identified as “high-risk” academically, especially with online classes, coordinate tutoring, supplemental instruction, and other support services.
- Direct Study Table programs as necessary in coordination with head coaches.
- Coordinate services, programs and workshops that assist student-athletes with academic success, in both in-person and online environments.
- Lead campus, conference and national academic award presentations and reports in coordination with compliance guidelines.