As a dynamic and thriving institution committed to excellence in academics and athletics, Maryville University is searching for our next Associate Athletic Director to oversee the management and compliance of our athletic environment. The successful candidate will bring a passion for sports, a strong understanding of athletics administration, and the ability to contribute to the achievement of our departmental goals.
- Oversee NCAA, GLVC legislation, and institutional compliance.
- Monitor and oversee the admissions process, eligibility certification, financial aid, National letter of intent program and any and all other matters related to NCAA compliance.
- Create, implement and keep up-to-date a comprehensive departmental compliance handbook.
- Assist in overall fundraising efforts for intercollegiate athletics.
- Act as the Athletics liaison to the University’s Title IX Coordinator.
- Serve as the chief administrator in Athletics and Recreation during any such time that the Director is unavailable.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the admissions, financial aid and progress toward degree processes.
- Familiarity with NCAA Division II legislation.
- Understanding of Title IX applicable handling procedures.
- Create and facilitate compliance training opportunities for athletics staff and coaches.
- Ability to work well with coaches, student-athletes, administrators, alumni, and other University constituencies.
- Minimum 5 years related experience working in an athletics compliance office, conference office, or NCAA compliance setting.