This position is responsible for the oversight of accounting and financial reporting functions for the athletic department. This position performs day to day business office activities including complex clerical and accounting-related functions involved in the preparation and maintenance of financial and other related business records.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of Texas rules and regulations related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate).
- Strong planning and analytical skills.
- Assists the Executive Senior Associate Athletic Director/CFO with all financial reporting, accounting, and budget forecasting functions.
- Analyze and prepare reports and spreadsheets for internal and external use.
- Creates monthly budget statements and assists with short range forecasting.
- Responsible for reconciliation of accounts, to include payroll and other University financial reporting services.
- Develops system for monitoring financial transactions and internal data used to effectively estimate budget projections and forecasts; assists with annual budget preparation process.
- Completes the preparation of annual reports: EADA, NCAA Statement of Revenues and Expenses, various NCAA and Conference surveys, post-season competition reports, and ad hoc financial analysis reports.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.