Leads athletic communication team with planning of execution of 15 NCAA Division 1 sport information needs. This is including but not limited to: digital media, social media, print media, media requests, pre and post game media, annual yearbook development, delegating sport assignments to one full time employee and four graduate assistants. Supervises communications operations to ensure engagement with a larger audience.
- Understanding, compliance, and commitment to all NCAA, Big Sky Conference and institutional rules.
- Provide departmental oversight and strategic planning for all external communications involving Intercollegiate Athletics to include print, website and social media.
- Oversee game day and press box operations and various other duties.
- Provide creative planning and comprehensive content development as well as leading initiatives to build upon and enhance the NAU brand.
- Serve as an official source for vital statistics and general information describing university athletics and teams.
- Serve as a member of the department’s Senior Staff.
- Travel with teams playing away games to promote interest and attendance as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.