Reporting to the Sr. Associate Athletic Director/Sports Administration, the individual in this position will provide leadership to the athletic department relative to education, monitoring, enforcement, and maintenance of a comprehensive FBS NCAA compliance program.
- Establish within Intercollegiate Athletics a culture of compliance with NCAA, conference and university regulations through the development and conduct of continuing rules education for all Intercollegiate Athletics staff members and NIU student-athletes and the establishment of open communication with all parties involved in Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Liaison for all compliance audits. Responsible for initial communication with the Faculty Athletic Representative of all student-athlete appeals of NCAA and/or institutional policies to include follow-up presentation to the appeals committee on behalf of NIU Athletics.
- Serve to enforce all NCAA and Mid-American Conference regulations.
- Keep abreast of new and changing rules and regulations with the NCAA and Mid-American Conference.
- Serve as the “single point of contact” with the NCAA and Mid-American Conference pertaining to compliance, eligibility issues, and rules interpretation.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Two (2) years of Division 1 experience within NCAA and Mid-American Conference rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Name/Image/Likeness.