The Associate Director of Athletics for Compliance is the primary architect and steward of all compliance functions for the University’s intercollegiate athletics department (Athletics). The position oversees and administers the risk management and compliance function for Athletics, including the evaluation and monitoring of risk, to ensure that Athletics complies with all applicable laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Advises the Deputy AD and/or Director of Athletics on strategies to minimize, manage and avoid risk.
- Provides advice and counsel on matters involving Intercollegiate Athletics, including NCAA compliance issues.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with the necessary and pertinent stakeholders to ensure that risks are monitored, and compliance is the forefront of Athletics within and without the institution.
- Manages the establishment, organization and distribution of NCAA and Big South Conference rules, regulations and policies.
- Prepares institutional, Big South Conference and NCAA reports relating to athletic rules compliance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with CA and LSDBi (NCAA web-based date and information); knowledge of ARMS preferred
- Must relate well with athletic staff and student-athletes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate professionally and effectively to all groups through both oral and written channels.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications, the internet, and social media.
- Demonstrate tact, a positive attitude, courtesy and discretion in interactions with those associated with athletic programs, including student athletes, coaches, officials, trainers, university faculty and staff, and the public.
- Work independently as well as function effectively in a team and within a diverse group of people.