The Associate Athletic Director for Development is a major gifts officer and is responsible for identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gift donors and prospects for the Athletics Department. This position serves as the primary liaison between the Office of University Advancement and the leadership of the Athletics Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helps design and execute a fundraising agenda that will support and advance the Athletics agenda; develop and secure leadership gifts for Athletics.
- Coordinates and tracks major gift fundraising efforts through capital projects, endowments, Circle of Excellence and the Yosef Club.
- With University Advancement staff, analyzes and evaluates current and past donor trends for Athletics constituencies, and targets segments of donors and prospects for personalized attention, new and upgraded gifts, and special giving opportunities.
- Develops formal proposals to donors and prospects for support using persuasive language to promote visionary gift opportunities.
- Monitors and reports on progress toward dollar and donor goals for Athletics.
- Conduct stewardship, including gift acknowledgments/thank you correspondence, recognition, communications and special events for major gift donors to capital projects, endowments, and the Yosef Club.
- Files timely and accurate contact reports on donor calls to ensure information sharing.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or University; master’s degree preferred.
- Successful candidates will have a minimum of five years of experience in fundraising, development, sales, or other closely related field.
- Frequent travel is a priority in this position, requiring flexibility in work hours to include evenings and extensive travel as needed to accomplish objectives and satisfy goals.