The associate athletic director for external affairs will oversee the day-to-day operations of marketing, promotions, annual giving program, strategic communications with alumni and various external stakeholders. Will serve as a member of the athletic department senior staff.
- Develop and implement athletic marketing and promotions strategies to increase revenue and ticket sales.
- Work collaboratively with third party corporate sponsorship team.
- Work collaboratively with media relations team to create and manage all social media and athletic website content.
- Work collaboratively with athletic staff to assist with supervision and management of gameday operations and staff, including student workers.
- Serve as a liaison to the various conference offices on external operations.
- Work collaboratively with various University personnel to further the mission and vision of DSU.
- Attend home contests and select away events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of athletic external events and hosting of internal athletic events.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques in composing written communications such as responses to inquiries and narrative reports.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of computer programs to include word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, databases, found in such products as Microsoft Office®.
- Experience using software.
- Ability to understand, explain and apply rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees, students, and the public.