The ideal candidate must demonstrate strong administrative leadership, sport knowledge, player development, sportsmanship, integrity, and character development. SCS coaches are expected to demonstrate patience, humility, integrity, and kindness while performing the day-to-day duties of the role and to prayerfully work with administration, faculty, students, and families to develop and maintain a school which is distinctively Christian, academically excellent, and globally minded.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the athletic department administration team.
- Provide leadership within the athletics department in the form of staff mentorship, administrative duties, and game/event administration.
- Demonstrates the ability to inspire learning and cultivate positive relationships with students.
- Provides appropriate athletic instruction and assessment while incorporating a biblical worldview.
- Creates an environment that encourages positive social interaction, active engagement, and supports high expectations for athletic performance.
- Maintains clear, open, professional communication with team members, parents, and other school employees.
Personal & Spiritual Characteristics:
- Is deeply committed to a consistent daily walk with our Savior, Jesus Christ through prayer, devotional study, and church membership.
- Demonstrates the spiritual maturity, academic ability, and personal leadership qualities to “train up a child in the way he should go”. (Proverbs 22:6)
- Recognizes the role of the parents as primarily responsible before God for their children’s education and commits to be a partner in that endeavor.
- Possesses the ability to work gracefully with parents, students, and other school staff to develop a unified and successful educational program.
- Cooperates with administrators, department chairpersons, and other school leadership to implement policies and procedures as they pertain to the daily operation of the School.