ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, direct and implement the media relations unit for the athletic department.
- Direct supervision of staff that provides media relations for intercollegiate athletic programs in the areas content management for website, social and gameday media; event coverage; statistic and program historical content; media requests
- Management and oversight of the Athletic Department website.
- Management and oversight of the Athletic Department run social media sites.
- Create intriguing feature stories to drive traffic to website.
- Create new ideas to promote athletics via the Internet.
- Experienced in AP-style writing and proficiency in layout and design software (Adobe Creative Suite) Adobe; knowledge of html is helpful.
- Working knowledge of statistical software, i.e. Genius Sports, Stat Crew, Live Stats and Automated Scorebook.
- Understanding and commitment to the University's vision for intercollegiate athletics.
- Proven track record in oversight of collegiate or professional athletic media relations unit.
- Experience with media relations or public relations for a high-profile team or unit.
Santa Clara University does not discriminate in its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities on the basis of sex/gender, and prohibits retaliation against any person opposing discrimination or participating in any discrimination investigation or complaint process internally or externally.