This position directs and monitors the activities of compliance staff to ensure compliance with NCAA and SEC rules and regulations concerning amateurism, recruiting, eligibility, financial aid, awards/benefits, and practice activities.
- Directs and monitors the activities of compliance staff to ensure compliance with NCAA and SEC rules and regulations concerning amateurism, recruiting, eligibility, financial aid, awards/benefits, and practice activities.
- Reviews compliance documents to insure accuracy in all compliance areas, including eligibility certification, recruiting activities, financial aid, practice and competition, amateurism, staff size, and permissible benefits and awards.
- Audits and approves records documenting practice, competition, phone calls, off and on-campus recruiting, camps and awards and benefits.
- Develops and implements educational programs for coaches, student-athletes, institutional staff, and alumni concerning limitations, interpretations, and individual compliance responsibilities.
- Researches NCAA Manual and LSDBI for interpretations, NCAA staff and committee decisions to provide interpretations and prepare reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Five (5) years of experience related to the above described duties.
- Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.