Reporting to the athletics Chief Operating Officer, in collaboration with Rice Development and Alumni Relations, this position will oversee a team including fundraisers and event personnel to achieve aspirational annual fundraising goals in support of exceptional student-athletes.
- Create and execute annual giving strategy and plan for the department of athletics, including prospect identification and segmentation, marketing and messaging, solicitations, stewardship, and reporting.
- Employ a data-driven approach to prospect identification and cultivation.
- Manage a portfolio of assigned leadership donors and prospects to cultivate, solicit, steward, and grow donor relationships.
- Lead team of full-time staff and volunteers, including the Owl Club Advisory Board, to assign prospects and support solicitations.
- Monitor, analyze, and report results of solicitations to determine effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s required.
- Three years of related experience in annual giving, sales, or an external revenue generating function.
- Strong organization skills with keen attention to detail.
- Foundation in problem solving and data analysis.
- Ability to create an annual giving plan and lead, manage, coach, and motivate a development. team to execute against the plan.
- Strong relationship building.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.