- Interacts with coaches and student-athletes to resolve student-athlete welfare issues and serves as the department liaison to the campus Office of Student Advocacy and Accountability.
- Oversees the APR reporting process in conjunction with the compliance office, certification specialist, and athletic advisors. Ensures degree progress academic records are input into the NCAA Compliance Assistance Portal for APR reporting.
- Tracks academic progress for APR purposes.
- Provides support to the Assistant Athletic Director, Academic Advising & Student Success; ensures academic compliance with NCAA, Conference, and institutional rules.
- Serves as a liaison between the academic and athletic branches of the University.
- Assists with the planning and execution of strategies designed to strengthen department support services for all student-athletes.
- Supervises and manages sports programs and respective coaching staff as assigned by Athletic Director.
- Communicates with athletics administrators, coaches, and student-athletes regarding department functions, policies, and procedures.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills and tact to handle confidential situations and sensitive information.
- Excellent communication, listening and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Self-starter with an outstanding work ethic.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other computer skills.
- Strong analysis skills.
- Knowledge of the NCAA Division I rules and regulations, with a demonstrated understanding of and adherence to conference and NCAA Division I rules and regulations.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.