- Prepare press releases, game notes and feature articles, and ensure content for assigned sports is maintained and accurate on athletics website.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with and distribute information to local, regional and national sport-specific media outlets.
- Manage social media accounts and display knowledge of latest trends and practices.
- Assist with coordination of design and use of graphics for assigned sports.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with staff, coaches and student-athletes.
- Display thorough knowledge and understanding of terminology and statistics used in intercollegiate sports.
- Serve as on-campus media services host for intercollegiate athletics events and coordinate statistical and media coverage for those events.
- Write, edit and design digital media guide content.
- Maintain department archival records and statistical files.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- Six years of experience in media relations, athletics communications or sports information.
- Additional education may substitute for experience on a one for one basis.
- Know and understand policies of the NCAA, Conference USA and University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Write effectively with working knowledge of AP Style.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook); Adobe InDesign and Photoshop; Stat Crew and/or Genius software; and Social media platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination.