Norfolk State University, a NCAA Division I institution, is seeking candidates for the Associate Athletics Director position. The Associate Athletics Director of Intercollegiate Athletics will provide leadership, administrative direction, and oversight for all aspects of external relations, within the Athletics Department to include marketing, fan engagement, revenue generation, sponsorships, licensing and serves as a liaison to the Norfolk state University Athletics Foundation.
- Manages the development of revenue generation initiatives including strategic partnerships and external contracts such as multi-media rights, licensing, and merchandising.
- Manage the multimedia partnership and corporate partners contract, activation and fulfillment.
- Commitment to following NCAA and Conference affiliation rules. Able to maintain sensitive and confidential information. Able to work under tight deadlines with limited resources and multiple competing priorities.
- Manage departmental funds, budgets and accounts for administrative units and assigned teams.
- Manage and research grant opportunities that fit within the organizational strategic objectives.
- Recruit and mentor highly qualified coaches and support personnel.
- Cultivate strong collaborative and working relationships with university constituents and counterparts, university affiliated entities, Division I and conference participants and members of the broader surrounding community.
- Master’s degree in Sport Management, Business Management, Marketing, or related field with five years athletic related experience.
- Ten years’ experience as a senior level administrator in athletic administration on Division I.
- Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules & regulations on Division I.
- Experience with overseeing budgets and fiscal operations.
- Experience with licensing and branding
- Experience with recruitment, hiring, training and retention of personnel.