Norfolk State University, a NCAA Division I institution, is seeking candidates for the Associate Athletics Director position. The Associate Athletics Director of Intercollegiate Athletics will provide leadership, administrative direction and oversight for aspects of student services. The administrator will serve as a member of the athletics senior management team and support department-wide strategic initiatives as well as day-to-day operations.
- Supervision and management of aspects of the compliance department, sports medicine, sports performance, and sport oversight.
- Administration and management of departmental funds, budgets and accounts for administrative units and assigned teams.
- Recruitment and mentorship of highly qualified coaches and support personnel.
- Implement developmental programming and conjunction programming with name, image, and likeness.
- Constant application of NCAA Bylaws to ambiguous and complex situations.
- Knowledge, interpretation, and expert advisement of the correct/allowed course of action.
- Track legislative issues that may impact sports specifically related to amateurism and recruiting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sport Management, Business Management, Political Science, or related field with five years equivalent experience.
- Five years’ experience as a senior level administrator in athletic administration.
- Experience with student-athlete development and compliance.
- Five years’ experience in Division I athletics program.
- A successful criminal background check is required.