In accordance with the mission of the Department of Athletics, manages assigned NCAA compliance functions of the department within the guidelines of the NCAA, the BIG EAST Conference, and DePaul University. Helps to ensure the university adheres to principles of institutional control through institutional procedures, education, and monitoring.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee and direct the department's Rules Education Program, including beginning of year meetings; sport staff rules education meetings, and new staff orientation meetings.
- Lead implementation, training, data management, and troubleshooting for all NCAA Compliance software programs, including but not limited to: ARMS, Teamworks and INFLCR.
- Serve as the primary sport contact for assigned sports, including occasional travel, to ensure adherence to all NCAA and BIG EAST policies and procedures. Serve as the primary complimentary admissions liaison for all olympic sports programs and secondary liaison to men's and women's basketball, including staffing the complimentary admission table at home and away events when requested.
- Assist in compilation of University- and NCAA-required reports as well as the NCAA waiver and violation reporting and review process.
- Participate in and assist in the facilitation of Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) meetings and business matters.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master's/Law/Advanced Degree preferred.
- 5 - 10 years of related experience, preferable at the NCAA Division I level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe, recruiting software (ARMS or comparable) and NCAA applications including LSDBi, CA, RSRO, and the Academic Portal.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a diverse urban and/or intercollegiate athletics environment.
- Dedication to serving the department, the University and the student-athletes with the highest level of leadership, initiative and integrity.