The Associate Athletics Director, Ticket Sales oversees all aspects of outbound ticket sales for the athletics department. Reporting to the Senior Associate AD, External Operations, this position will be responsible for leading the entire ticket sales unit as well as increasing revenue through new ticket sales for all ticketed sporting events. The primary focus for this position will be new season ticket sales for football with a secondary focus on season, mini-plan, single and group sales for all other ticketed sports.
- Directly responsible for oversight of 6-8 ticket sales representatives.
- Required to create, generate, and execute outbound ticket sales plans, including prospecting events designed for ticket sales growth.
- Lead the outbound ticket sales team by example, by achieving personal sales goals.
- Supervisory responsibilities include scheduling and approving time for payroll, training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Works closely with ticket operations, marketing, Tennessee Fund, communications, operations, business office and IT departments as well as campus entities.
- Works closely with ticket operations, Tennessee Fund and marketing staff for developing weekly ticket reports.
- Required to meet or exceed the annual sales goals established by Senior Associate AD, External Operations and the Senior Associate AD, Development.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Proficient with ticketing software, business & data analytics. Assist in all lead generation campaigns, lead qualification, and strategy for most effectively utilizing leads.
- The ability to engage effectively with others of diverse cultures or backgrounds is essential.
- Research, develop and oversee the implementation of best practices and policies / procedures related to the maximization of ticket sales for Athletics events.