The Senior Associate Athletic Director for Academics and Scholar-Athlete Development serves on the Executive Leadership Team and assist the University’s Intercollegiate Athletics program in establishing measurable objectives that achieve the parallel goals of advancing quality, competitive athletics programs and supporting the educational goals, holistic development and health and wellness of scholar-athletes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and evaluates departmental efforts in services and programming for scholar- athletes in academics, community outreach, career, leadership and personal development, diversity, equity and inclusion education and training.
- Manages athletics academic support programs with focus on achievement, personal development, retention and graduation; academic counseling, tutorial services, study hall as well as relationships with faculty, advisors and dean’s within The College of Arts and Sciences, Knauss School of Business and Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering.
- Supervise and equip a staff of academic counselors to be effective and excel in their roles by providing information, guidance, direction and ongoing training necessary to exceed expectations.
- Achieve an NCAA Graduation Success Rate (GSR) of 95% while aspiring to graduate 100% of our scholar-athletes.
- Achieve a cumulative grade point average for all scholar-athletes that meets or exceeds the average GPA for all undergraduates at USD each term.
- Master’s Degree in Education or Counseling preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Three years of full-time experience working in intercollegiate athletics and/or cumulative experience related to the above description preferred.
- Working knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and regulations preferred.