Manage the daily operations of the academic services area of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, providing guidance and academic assistance to student-athletes and staff while effectively collaborating with internal and external constituents to facilitate academic success.
- Develop and execute strategies designed to strengthen academic support services for all student-athletes pursuant to university, conference, and NCAA rules. Ensure admissions requirements and satisfactory academic progress are met for all incoming and continuing student-athletes.
- Manages the daily operations of the student-athlete academic services unit, including supervision of staff. In conjunction with Sr. Associate AD, develops, interprets, and implements policies related to academic matters as guided by university, conference, NCAA and athletic department mandates, eligibility, requirements, and resolutions.
- Directs, implements, and evaluates advising activities for all student-athletes and conducts all advising activities for assigned student-athletes; provides guidance on student-athlete’s choice of field of study; interprets and communicates academic policies and procedures to coaches, students, and staff.
- Oversees the athletics policies and procedures in regards to the university admissions process. Provides advice and makes recommendations to coaches on the academic potential of prospective student- athletes.
- Bachelor's and 5 years experience.
- Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
- Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
- Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.