The Associate Athletic Director for Business Administration monitors and oversees all financial aspects of the athletics department and administers the ticket office as it relates to athletics. The Associate Athletic Director for Business oversees budgets, financial statements, and payroll records, performs spreadsheet forecasting and fiscal planning, approves purchase orders, and oversees the ticket office for Intercollegiate Athletics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves in a leadership role as part of the Intercollegiate Athletics' management team for all matters relating to budgeting and financial management and Academic Enhancement support services.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates all aspects of the academic support programs for student-athletes.
- Provides vision and innovation for development of programs and services.
- Supervises work and professional development of, administrative, graduate students, and student workers.
- Oversees academic progress of all student-athletes toward graduation; maintains academic reports, records and data necessary to comply with university, Southwestern Athletic conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Works closely with the Registrar's Office and Compliance Office to ensure continuing eligibility of student-athletes.
- Identifies, recruits, hires, trains and evaluates Academic Enhancement full-time and part-time staff members, graduate assistants and student workers.
- Education: A bachelor's degree in business or related field. A Master's degree in accounting, business administration, sports administration or related field is preferred.
- Experience: At least three (3) years of administrative experience. Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations governing the conduct of intercollegiate athletics is preferred. Academic Support services experience, budgetary experience, accounting, or a fiscal management background is preferred.
- Other Requirements: The scope of the position requires weekend & evening work and overnight out of town travel.