The Associate Athletics Director / Director of Compliance serves on the Athletics Executive Staff and Student Athlete Performance Team, directly manages the NCAA, conference and institutional athletics compliance programs for all teams, departments and other constituents of the University. Position is also responsible for creating and managing the development of a comprehensive compliance program including rules education for student-athletes, coaches and administrators.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the daily compliance operations of the athletic compliance office to ensure strict adherence with University, conference, and National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) rules and regulations for amateurism, eligibility, recruiting, financial aid, awards and benefits, playing and practice seasons, and enforcement.
- Creates, maintains and monitors compliance monitoring mechanisms that support all athletic programs and student athletes.
- Provides rule interpretations and coordinates educational programs and resources to University and external community (coaches, staff, student-athletes, faculty, foundation, alumni, etc.)
- Produces, publishes and distributes rules education materials.
- Monitors recruiting activities and maintenance of recruiting logs.
- Conducts investigations, recommends and applies penalties as appropriate.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of and / or experience with LSDBi or Compliance Assistant.
- Master’s or Juris Doctorate (J.D.)
- NCAA compliance supervisory experience in a campus environment.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned. Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus all employees are expected to facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The University has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.