Oversee the NAIA and Sooner Athletics Conference compliance program of the university including, but not limited to: eligibility certification activities, rules compliance monitoring activities, rules education activities, enforcement activities, and submitting required reports. May serve as the Senior Woman Leader (SWL) if designated by the Director of Athletics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the University’s compliance with NAIA and conference rules.
- Educate constituents on NAIA and conference rules.
- Enforce NAIA and conference rules, and write various waivers.
- Submit NAIA and conference reports.
- Serve as a liaison to various campus departments (e.g., offices of the Registrar, financial aid, admissions and student affairs).
- Certify student-athlete eligibility in compliance with all NAIA and Sooner Athletic Conference requirements.
- Monitor academic status of student-athletes from admission to graduation; including major declaration, degree progress, academic standing and enrollment status.
- Maintain record keeping systems for rules compliance purposes.
- Attend professional conferences and workshops related to academic compliance requirements for the NAIA and the Sooner Athletic Conference.
- At least three years of progressively responsible experience in collegiate athletics compliance or a related field. A suitable combination of education and experience may be substituted for minimum qualifications.
- The individual will need on-the-job training related to university policies for admissions, financial aid and degree requirements.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master’s or Law degree preferred.