The Associate Athletics Director of Development, under the administrative direction of the Associate Vice President for Development and in partnership with the Vice President for University Advancement and the Athletics Director, develops fundraising plans and strategies that can aid programmatic and funding priorities which support athletics initiatives. This position serves on the leadership teams for both University Advancement and CSUB Athletics and is key to maintaining strong communications between both divisions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet with prospects and donors to solicit and negotiate gifts to CSUB athletics.
- Write and develop one-time or multi-year gift agreements and proposals.
- Write solicitation materials for secondary gifts, end-of-year appeal, renewals.
- Develop and maintain a portfolio and moves management plan of high net-worth individuals for major and principal gifts, fostering positive and enduring relationships that produce reciprocal benefits.
- Oversee the phone-a-thon program, mailers, and emails.
- Work with coaching staff and student-athletes with fundraising efforts (Excellence Funds).
- Manage portfolio of over 100 donors and prospects.
- Meet with donors regularly to ensure gift expectations are being met.
- Plan donor events that provide stewardship opportunities.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES (SKA’s):
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Thorough knowledge of principles and methods of planning and conducting a comprehensive philanthropy fundraising program.
- Ability to lead and enable staff to face challenges and achieve results in complex conditions.
- Familiarity with collective bargaining and administering corrective action as appropriate in a collective bargaining unit environment.
- Ability and commitment to executing the mission and vision of the University and department.
- Ability to manage multi-phase projects from inception to completion, build consensus among team members, balance multiple concurrent priorities, and work independently and as part of a team.
- High level of initiative and goal oriented.
- Self-starter who is an active listener and confident decision-maker.
- Demonstrated customer service experience requiring a very high level of diplomacy and professionalism.