The Associate Athletics Director for Development will execute a comprehensive giving strategy for UTA Athletics including the identification and cultivation of major and principal gift prospects and annual giving donors to increase the engagement, stewardship, and growth of philanthropic support for UTA athletics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive fundraising strategy and plan to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major and principal giving donors for Athletics.
- Supervise the Assistant Director of the Maverick Club.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of 75-100 donor prospects and advancing them through the donor cycle.
- Identify and facilitate community opportunities and appearances for the Athletics Director and Head Coaches to assist in growing our donor base and community awareness
- Oversee Maverick Club and athletics department special events including but not limited to: Hall of Honor Banquet, First Pitch Fundraiser, Maverick Open, Athletics Alumni reunion, Maverick Club game day and community-based opportunities.
- Serve as a game day liaison to include engagement focusing on cultivation and stewardship to increase philanthropic support of Maverick Club members, premium seat holders, suite holders, athletics donors and prospects.
- Manage athletics development programs including work with special constituents such as athletics alumni and current student athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree with three (3) years of experience in higher education fundraising.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter with an extremely high attention to detail, while possessing the ability to prioritize workload for timely completion of important tasks.
- Must be able to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work unconventional hours, weekends and holidays when events require it.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple project deadlines.
- Advanced time management and customer service skills.