James Madison University, a Division I Member of the NCAA and Sun Belt Conference, is seeking an Associate Athletics Director for Integrated Health and Sports Performance. This position will report to the Director of Athletics and will be oversee the operation of the Integrated Health and Sports Performance Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop effective and trusting partnerships with Athletics staff to drive better coordination in order to optimally address student-athletes’ needs.
- Supervise and assist with coordination of care for the prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic-related injuries and illness for student-athletes.
- Provide consistent communication with all necessary staff regarding health and sports performance issues.
- Hire, train, evaluate and supervise athletic training staff, strength and conditioning staff and sports dietitian.
- Work to identify, foster, and build relationships with campus entities, departments, and staffs to develop resources for student-athletes, coaches, and teams that may enhance programming, support, and health or performance-related resources
- Assist with oversight of prompt, effective, emergency care for serious injuries and ensure coordinated referral to emergency medical systems or personnel.
- Master’s Degree in Athletic Training/Sports Medicine or related field.
- Hold BOC certification, have a Virginia license to practice Athletic Training or be eligible for licensure.
- Previous NCAA Division I Experience.
- Previous experience in an administrative role of a Division I NCAA sports Medicine Department.