Within the context of the overall DCAD Varsity Athletics Communications program, assist the Senior Associate Athletics Director in: running the day-to-day operations of the office, the strategic planning of communications, and monitoring the compliance with the gender equity plan.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Four-to-five years of relevant experience in a sports information program, preferably in a college/university environment; or the equivalent.
- Ability to develop and manage sports information programs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with athletes, coaches, sports media, alumni, staff of the College, from national and regional organizations and other universities and colleges.
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population.
- Skill in the use of computer software such as Photoshop, InDesign, Genius and StatCrew.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Evaluates and develops athletics communications strategies responsive to the needs of sports for which assigned responsibility and determines priorities.
- Establishes program goals and objectives and develops policies and procedures.
- Accomplishes long- and short-range planning.
- Acquires and allocates needed resources.
- Manages assigned budgets.