Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees sports statistical reporting to meet NCAA and Great Northwest Athletic Conference requirements, including organization and coordination of press box and media area activities at athletics events.
- Writes, designs, prints and/or posts previews, home game programs, post-game recaps, graphics, video and photography for the Athletics website and social media channels, which include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube pages, as well as within the conference and NCAA.
- Pitches and writes press releases and articles for the local, regional, and national media.
- Manages the msubsports.com website and the relationship with website vendor Sidearm Sports.
- Informs the university, and local and national media of upcoming athletics events.
- Pitches feature story ideas to local and national media.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years of experience in the athletics communications field.
- Excellent writing, basic photography and video editing skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere,
StatCrew, PrestoStats, Genius Sports NCAA Live Stats and Golfstat.
- Excellent collaboration and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work under the pressure of very tight deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including frequent evenings and weekends to support events.
Montana State University Billings is committed to providing a working and learning environment free from discrimination.