Oversight of NCAA compliance program, which includes the implementation of effective policies and procedures that ensure control over UTSA's Intercollegiate Athletics program. Direct, coordinate, implement, facilitate and evaluate a comprehensive NCAA compliance program while serving as a member of the athletics leadership management team.
- Serve as a member of the athletics leadership management team.
- Administer and manage a comprehensive NCAA Division I and American Athletic Conference rules compliance program that includes development and implementation.
- Lead compliance program strategic initiatives.
- Serve as primary compliance contact for the department.
- Create, develop and monitor all policies and procedures relative to the compliance program, including, but not limited to recruiting, eligibility, financial aid, playing and practice seasons, student-athlete employment, amateurism, extra benefits and outside income.
- Coordinate, investigate and report violations and filing of waiver requests.
- Maintain squad lists, coordinate rules education program and provide rules interpretations.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated independent decision-making and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations with professional composure.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.