Norfolk State University, a NCAA Division I institution, is seeking candidates for the Associate Athletics Director position. The Associate Athletics Director of Intercollegiate Athletics will provide leadership, administrative direction, and oversight for all aspects of external relations, within the Athletics Department to include marketing, fan engagement, revenue generation, sponsorships, licensing and serves as a liaison to the Norfolk state University Athletics Foundation.
- Manage departmental funds, budgets and accounts for administrative units and assigned teams;
- Manage and research grant opportunities that fit within the organizational strategic objectives.
- Recruit and mentor highly qualified coaches and support personnel;
- Cultivate strong collaborative and working relationships with university constituents and counterparts, university affiliated entities, Division I and conference participants and members of the broader surrounding community;
- Manage and recruit strategic partnerships, revenue generation, ancillary income, and stakeholder engagement.
- Promote the fundamentals of ethical behavior; promoting diversity and equity amongst the athletes, sports and coaches; and cultivation of a culture of athletic success, sportsmanship, professionalism and respect at all levels of the department.
- Master’s degree in Sport Management, Business Management, Marketing, or related field with five years athletic related experience.
- Five years’ experience as a senior level administrator in athletic administration on Division I.
- Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules & regulations on Division I.
- Experience with budgets and fiscal operations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.