DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enhance the integrative synergies among the high-performance groups, practitioners, Student Health Services, academic researchers, and industry partners to leverage the multidisciplinary resources of the University, and the North East Texas area to maximize creative resourcing opportunities and ensure the implementation of best practices.
- Lead, inspire, and hold accountable the high-performance directors of the units mentioned above, and serve as the conduit to athletics leadership with the focus on optimizing communication, clearly defining and articulating strategies that address the needs of the high-performance areas, and fostering key relationships and partnership that support efforts to enhance student-athlete health and wellness.
- Become familiar and comply with Athletic Department, Southland Conference, and NCAA regulations.
- Coordinate and develop effective policies for continued health and safety of all student athletes
- Responsible for continued growth and evolution of a unified, comprehensive, and multidisciplinary student athlete support and athletic health and performance team.
- Education: Master’s degree from accredited institution. Minimum of 18 graduate hours in Health/Kinesiology, Athletic Training, Sports Medicine or related field. National Athletic Trainers Association/Board of Certification, Certified, in good standing. Texas State Licensure, or eligible to take licensing examination.
- Experience/ Knowledge/ Skills: Five to ten years as certified professional athletic trainer Three (3) years of head athletic training experience at college/university level as a professional. Administrative experience. Team contact sports experience.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.