The Women’s Soccer Associate Coach is responsible for planning, developing and managing the operations of Chicago State University’s Women’s Soccer program.
- Develop programs and procedures with respect to the training and coaching of student-athletes to compete successfully while assuring their welfare;
- Assist head coach in developing coaching techniques, all team and individual player strategies;
- Assist student athletes with individual performance and provide leadership/direction for improvements;
- Adhere to all conference and NCAA rules and regulations for the sport;
- Coordinate activities for home and away matches including travel plan, inventory or equipment, etc.;
- Assist with recruiting and scouting within NCAA regulations and Chicago State University academic admissions standards, including: develop database, call potential recruits, plan and organize recruiting trips, and accurately and timely complete all paperwork associated with those efforts;
- Observe and uphold all academic standards, requirements and policies of Chicago State University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics;
- Monitor, on a regular and consistent basis, student-athletes to ensure that they are attending class, completing assignments and exams, performing to their highest academic potential, obtaining the highest grades possible, and graduating in a timely manner;
- Cooperate with the development of and strictly adhere to budgets allocated for the Women’s Soccer program.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous coaching experience at the collegiate level.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and regulations.
- Knowledge and/or experience of the recruitment process.
- Displayed success in the recruitment of student-athletes.
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with all team members and support staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.