The Lead Athletic Trainer/Associate Director is responsible for assessing and managing musculoskeletal injuries of arts students, directly supervising athletic training staff, assisting Director of Health Services with supervision of day-to-day operations, maintaining guidelines, protocols and procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Directly manages and supervises Athletic Training staff.
- Oversees athletic training inventory and capital equipment, patient flow, ensures maintenance of facility safety standards, insurance, and regulatory compliance.
- Guides and facilitates development and implementation of injury prevention and performance optimization program.
- Assists Health Services Director with strategic planning, maintaining guidelines, protocols and procedures.
- Maintains centralized staffing schedule.
- Provides leadership and oversight for the review and completion of summer/fall health forms.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Athletic Training or a related field. Certified by the Board of Certification, Inc. (BOC), certifying body for athletic trainers in the U.S. Licensed by the North Carolina Board of Athletic Trainer Examiners (NCBATE) or eligible for licensing.
- Previous leadership and/or supervisory experience in an athletic training setting.
- Previous athletic training work experience with performing artist.
The University of North Carolina School of the Arts is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants are welcome to apply without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.