Bridgewater College, a member of the Old Dominion Athletic Conference and NCAA Division III, is seeking applications for the position of Associate Director of Athletic Media Relations, to begin ASAP. This is a full-time, 12-month position, reporting to the Director of Athletic Media Relations.
- Assist in all daily operations of the Athletic Media Relations office.
- Handle primary contact responsibilities for multiple sports (potential sports include volleyball, men’s and women’s basketball, and softball)
- Provide media and campus promotion groups with information (pictures, film clips, biographies, updated statistics, game schedules, etc.) on all assigned sports.
- Provide or oversee game day coverage for all assigned athletic teams (media preparations, announcing, official scoring, game rosters and programs, and reporting scores to media).
- Enhance the department’s branding initiatives through social media, graphic design, photography and video work.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Professional experience in athletic media relations/sports information at the college level, or suitable experience in a related field required.
- Experience with StatCrew or NCAA statistical software, Adobe design suite, social media content creation and website content management system strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and effective communication and organizational skills.