Position will oversee and direct the financial operations and administration of the Athletic Business Office of APSU, ensuring compliance with all University, NCAA, and Conference policies, procedures and regulations. This position is responsible for financial reporting in accordance with accounting principles generally accepted in the US. This position is also responsible for financial reporting compliance with all NCAA requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as Chief Financial Officer for the Athletic Department
- Responsible for year-end closing procedures of the Athletic Department and all related accounts. This includes reconciling each individual account, reviewing all year-end transactions to ensure they are reported in the correct fiscal year, and preparing audit schedules requested for the University’s annual audit and the NCAA Agreed-Upon Procedures report.
- Communication with coaches and other athletic administration staff related to the current status of their individual accounts. Timely communicate any overages or expected overages with the responsible party for the account and with the Athletic Director.
- Provide training to new athletic department employees (administrative and coaches) related to financial policies, travel and purchasing requirements, and compliance. Continue to provide training and assistance as needed.
- Authority, with guidance of Athletic Director, to restrict travel when compliance or financial issues are noted.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a related or comparable field, preferably in college athletics.
- Strong Interpersonal and analytical skills are essential for interaction with colleagues, coaches, donors, trustees, students, alumni, parents and friends of Austin Peay.
- Demonstrated experience in financial analysis, budget management, cash management, and fund accounting practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form.
- Self-confidence, strong organizational skills, and effectively in a team environment with a mix of alumni and colleagues.