The Department of Athletics and Recreation seeks an innovative and forward-thinking leader to assume the role of Associate Athletic Director / Director of Recreation Services . Hopkins encourages inquiries from candidates who value professional and personal development and will actively contribute to a culture of inclusiveness within both the department and University setting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct the strategic planning process for Recreation Services. Develop and promote a shared vision that drives departmental and institutional priorities and the on-going organization of work.
- Create and implement short-term and long-term plans consistent with the strategic plan of the department to ensure mission effectiveness.
- Responsible for the overall management, administration, and marketing of campus wide recreation services, facilities, and programs.
- Direct responsibility for offering diverse and expansive Recreation programs including but not limited to: fitness class scheduling, intramural contests, sports club and experiential education activities, and internal and external special events.
- Promote a community of belonging and the benefits of a healthy lifestyle by expanding program offerings to increase student and staff engagement.
- Plan, manage, and evaluate the annual operating budget which includes revenue generation and forecasting, expense management and analysis, and establishing pricing and fees for services.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Four to six years of relevant work experience in collegiate athletic and/or campus recreation departments or comparatively complex organizations.
- Exceptional ability to work in a networked way, emphasizing collaboration in a complex environment.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, writing, interpersonal and analytical skills in a fast-paced environment with the ability to initiate, analyze, monitor, evaluate and advance strategic plans and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously along difficult timelines.