This position is responsible for ensuring all coaches and staff stay in compliance with NCAA and MIAA rules, requirements and deadlines. This position also manages the Athletics Department scholarship awards to ensure proper disbursement, equivalencies awarded and line item budgets, is the staff liaison for the Student Athlete Advisory Commit, and serves as the Senior Woman Administrator for the Athletics Department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Notify staff and coaches of NCAA and MIAA compliance deadlines and rule changes to ensure compliance with all requirements.
- Provide training and rule interpretation for coaches and staff to ensure understanding of and compliance with NCAA rules.
- Complete and submit NCAA compliance forms and reports, reviewing and verifying information to ensure accuracy, and calendaring deadlines to ensure timeliness.
- Work with coaches and athletes to develop eligibility appeals and submit completed appeals to the NCAA for review and determination.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years of experience with NCAA rules compliance.
- Knowledge of NCAA and conference rules.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work as part of a diverse and inclusive team.