The Associate Director, Athletics Facilities & Events assists in the planning, organization, and oversight of the daily operations of special events in athletic facilities. Assists with the oversight of the maintenance and scheduling of assigned athletics spaces.
- Assists with the oversight of day to day operations of the maintenance and scheduling of assigned athletics spaces.
- Assists in the development of operating budgets, purchasing, and inventory control.
- Serves as a liaison for athletics facilities with the university community, vendors, and the general public. Serves as a point of contact and facility manager for external events in athletic facilities including scheduling events, preparing facility use agreements, managing set-up/break down, and tracking payments.
- Assists with hosting ASUN tournaments, NCAA Championships, and other athletics special events. Assists with gameday facility management as assigned.
- Assists with the recruitment, hiring, and training of professional and OPS staff that assist in carrying out the goals and objectives of the functional area. Assists with daily oversight of work.
- Initiates facility repair/enhancement requests and monitors the quality of services provided. Performs walkthroughs and identifies maintenance needs, and assists with small projects and minor repairs.
- Oversees the cleanliness, storage, and organization of facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field.
- Four years of full-time professional experience in a higher education athletics department related to the position.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
- Experience operating a personal computer and proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).