The Director, Development Initiatives – Athletics collaborates with the Executive Leadership Team in pursuing the overall vision and mission of the strategic plan for the division. The Director supports the key initiatives set forth by the Assistant Vice President of Athletics Development and facilitates the growth and development of programs, projects and campaigns.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Orchestrates the implementation of strategic priorities in alignment with AVP .
- Mange the tracking and reporting of performance and results in comparison with team goals and KPIs.
- Establishes the objectives and key metrics upon which the assigned initiatives or projects will be evaluated at key milestones and upon completion. Key initiatives include: prospect pipeline, donor stewardship, strategic events, and external communications. Seeks stakeholder input and support. Reviews regularly with leadership and staff impacted by activities.
- Assist in tracking top prospects and reporting statuses throughout athletic department.
- Serves as a liaison for internal contacts related to strategic initiatives, including coaches and campus-wide departments.
- Creates a communication strategy, ensuring stakeholders at all levels of the organization are informed on the progress of projects and key initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with brand marketing team to execute creative that speaks to the goals of the Athletics Development department. Specifically, develop and maintain an engaging content plan and strategy to drive traffic and engagement to Miami Hurricanes Development social media handles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations.
- Ability to establish department goals, and objectives that support the strategic plan.
- Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and train others.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.